Group Travel Odyssey
Flexible Software and Service for Tour Operators
About the job
The Community Builder (CA) is responsible for planning and implementing growth strategies to secure new customers and partners for the Group Travel Odyssey and Group Experience communities. This role plays a key role in platform and service development strategies, customer service delivery, and has the autonomy to address issues that may hamper growth and success in support of the organizations mission.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Leadership role
The CA leads sales and is responsible for retaining existing customers, increasing the customer base and sales through market penetration strategies, planning advertising campaigns in coordination with the Marketing Guru, and delivering new product offerings. CA also manages all activities involved in sales and customer care. The CA develops and assesses sales effectiveness, identifies areas for improvement, and makes suitable changes in strategies to reach goals, leading to overall profitability, sales, and revenue growth.
2. Strategic role
The CA manages sales strategy and plays a significant role in developing the strategy, leading the verticals, sales channels, and services of the company. The CA is responsible to achieve the company’s revenue and profitability goals.
3. Analytical role
The CA analyzes business tactics, sales strategies, performance analysis of sales, competitor analysis, and market research. The CA is also responsible for setting sales targets, determining sales initiatives’ effectiveness, and understanding the need for change. The CA is responsible for communication between sales and other areas of the company.
The CA must have experience in sales, developing an effective sales strategy, and leading sales in a dynamic business environment. The competencies required include;
- Effective teamwork: CA must handle the team effectively by aligning the team’s performance with the organization’s sales goals. They should be capable of cross-functional collaboration.
- Creative and entrepreneurial: the ability to grow at a fast pace in the current market. Creativity and innovation make someone a good CA.
- Change agent: the CA should develop innovative strategies and lead change within the dynamic environment.
- Problem-solving ability: a good CA can identify internal and external challenges and hindrance in sales opportunities and solve them critically.
- Customer-Advocate: to interact with customers effectively and efficiently and identifies the needs of consumers.
- Get It Done Attitude: being a start-up technology company the CA needs to make sales as well as lead sales. CA needs to balance “boots on the ground” work with “head in the clouds” strategy.
This position manages will eventually require the ability to develop, train, and lead a team of sales and marketing professionals. Again, we are a start-up and moving fast!
This job operates in an office environment and is eligible for a work from home status.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and requires 8 hours of daytime work per weekday. Occasional evening and weekend work is necessary.
Some out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected in this role.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent number of years of experience. Prior experience in the travel industry required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org